The Obama Watch
March 19, 2024, 03:38:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to The Obama Crisis, a place to talk about the USA with Obama as President.

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Constitutional Requirements to Become POTUS

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Constitutional Requirements to Become POTUS  (Read 1060 times)
obamawatch
Administrator

« on: April 21, 2009, 10:10:40 am »

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualification to be eligible for election as President.  As Presidential candidate must :

Be a natural born citizen of the United States;

Be at least 35 years old;

Have been a permanent resident of the US for at least 14 years.

Looking at this requirements, it's quite easy to " qualify" ,  trouble is these days in the United States, the sitting POTUS IS NOT eliglible and never was.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JBH
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:33:10 am »

Hello:

The one that has caught my many years back. Is the Monsieur De Vattel from France but written in Philadelphia, Pa.

Chapter XIX of our native country, and several things that relate to it.

Vattel Laws of the Nation

#212 Citizenship

JBH
Report Spam   Logged
bottdog
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 10:44:36 am »

I think the Framers and De Vattel clearly meant born to 2 US citizens to meet the standard of NBC.  I know the world is changing, but this must always remain the case.  Otherwise, how do you make sure the person elected has the best interests of the US at heart?
Report Spam   Logged
charlene4
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 12:21:57 pm »

The only thing that makes sense is that it was meant to be TWO prents, nothing else makes sense!
Why else even say anything? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
obamawatch
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:27:00 pm »

John, 

History means nothing to the " messiah", as exhibited by his traveling the world and apologizing for ALL we stand for.

Hello:

The one that has caught my many years back. Is the Monsieur De Vattel from France but written in Philadelphia, Pa.

#212 Citizenship

JBH
Report Spam   Logged
HistorianDude

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:43:32 am »

Hello:

#212 Citizenship

JBH

Monsieur de Vattel was from Switzerland, not France. He never even visited Philadelphia, let alone wrote there.
Report Spam   Logged
bottdog
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 12:14:09 am »

Thanks for the correction, Historian Dude.  Always want to be accurate.  However...

Can't really dispute the general message, can we?  The message is, generally stated:

The President MUST be a Natural Born Citizen.  Namely, his/her allegience MUST be to America and to America ONLY, and that allegience comes from birth and/or soil.

DeVattel, no matter where he was from, clearly outlined that litmus test. The Framers refer to his writings in determining the definition of NBC.   BO fails that litmus test, until he proves otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:16:02 am by bottdog » Report Spam   Logged
bottdog
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:40:28 am »

And before anyone jumps on the "soil"......all I want is the long form Birth Certificate stating the hospital of birth and the doctor that attended the birth.  NOT too hard.  In fact, when recently obtaining MY BC out of Texas, I was REQUIRED to obtain that long form.  I am about BO's age.  Turns out......I'm OLD!!  No kidding.  ANYONE could ask for that document for the grand total of about $12.  Also requested my child's.  Know what?  The long form was also available for the kiddo. 

I'm still standing by my original challenge:  SHOW ME THE LONG FORM!!!  His sister has named 2 different hospitals, and investigators have been unable to get ONE single hospital in HI to confirm he was born there.  I find that interesting.  I can name the exact hospital where every one of my siblings was born....my spouse can do the same.  It's part of our family history, and we are proud of it. Our Mothers can verify.  While I sympathize that his Mother is no longer with us.....she NEVER mentioned to the family where her baby boy was born?Huh?  Not likely.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:45:14 am by bottdog » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: